Celebrating the cars and characters of The Great Race
To suggest additions or corrections to this page, please visit the forum
- [0:20:15] Built by the Professor Fate, so he could beat The Great Leslie in the New York to Paris Race.
- [0:24:30] Has a heated nose cone to drive through snow, lifting mechanism to drive over trouble, and a cannon to blast savages.
(smoke screen not mentioned in this scene)
- [0:25:40] Fate's house collapses on the car after Max presses the wrong button.
- [0:40:40] Fate's house collapses on the car after Maggie presses all the buttons.
- [0:48:30] The engine falls out ("We're number five Max!")
- [1:18:00] Chased along railway line by steam locomotive.
- [2:28:44] Flat tire in France, allowing Leslie Special to take the lead.
- [2:30:00] Retakes lead 500k from Paris, after Leslie pulls over to argue with Maggie
- [2:31:18] Drives down the Montmartre steps
- [2:37:09] Tries to fire cannon at Leslie Special, but brings down the Eiffel Tower instead.
- Five "Hannibal Twin 8's" were built. Some had the raising mechanism, some didn't.
- [Source] One HT8 was used in the 1977 Comedy Movie "Charge of the Model T's"
(maybe two) is now in the Stahl Motor Museum in Chesterfield, Michigan.
This one is missing the nose cone and two of the rear wheels.
One of the Stahl cars came from the Allholm Automobile
Museum museum in Denmark. Registration Plate # "California JKX-444". These pics are from 2005, by 2012 it was
- [Source] 3D render of an HT8, with a bit of historical info. (Look on page 2 for more historical photos of the Allholm/Stahl car.)